Healthy Diet to Lose Weight

Healthy Diet Foods

A healthy diet for weight loss doesn't have to be boring, nor does it mean that you can't eat plenty of food. All it simply means is that you have to eat the right foods in the right combinations. The right foods such as the right grains, fruits, vegetables, the right fats, healthy meats and fish and even the right chocolate! Yes you can have desert. The tastiest, richest and yes, healthiest deserts beyond anything you have ever imagined and still lose weight to your desired need without sacrifice of "happy food". Below is just an introduction to healthy happy eating. Be sure to explore our site for a pleasurable journey of enjoying life while getting and staying healthy through great tasty food of all sorts.

Choosing the Right Grains for Weight Loss

When it comes to losing weight or even keeping our weight at a healthy level we know that consuming breads can sabotage that. But however, if you choose the right grains you can still eat bread and keep your weight under control.

Refined flours are a big no no for losing weight. Even the so called whole wheat flour and multigrain breads that are labeled as being so healthy. They are still refined and what's furthermore they come from commercial wheat otherwise known as dwarf wheat. This is a genetically modified wheat that is very taxing on the digestive system.

Healthy grains are ancient grains such as spelt flour, kamut flour, buckwheat, quinoa, sorghum and teff. For more on these just click on the links.

Choosing the Right Fats for Weight Loss

When looking to lose weight bad fats such as margarine and shortening which are partially hydrogenated and canola oil not only make you overweight but they also cause inflammation leading to cancer, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis and other illnesses. For more on these bad fats click on the links.

The right healthy fats that turn up the furnaces in your cells and help you to lose weight are, butter, ghee, coconut oil, olive oil and avocado oil. And when it comes to saturated fats causing heart disease, this as since been proven to be untrue. For more about these healthy fats simply click on the links.

Choosing the Right Sweets for Weight Loss

We all love sweets, or at least the majority of us do. We also know that refined sugar can wreak havoc on our waistline and our health. But that doesn't mean that you can't enjoy sweets and still lose weight and keep the weight off, for good!

All you need to do is eat the right sweets and yes that also means that you can enjoy chocolate in the right amounts just as long as it's the right chocolate. When choosing chocolate you have to be sure that it contains at least 72% cocoa and that it contains the right oils. No partially hydrogenated oils such as shortening or margarine and no canola oil or sunflower oil.

You can also enjoy baked goods sweetened with unpasteurized honey and made with the right grains as mentioned above. Maple syrup can be added to sweeten your day and stevia is also a great sugar substitute as well as coconut palm sugar. But artificial  sweeteners such as  sucralose and aspartame will actually make you fat because they cause inflammation and bloat as well as trick the body into thinking it's getting sugar causing you to crave even more bad sugary sweets. Artificial sweeteners are 100% bad news for your health and for your weight. For more on sucralose and aspartame simply click on the links.

And last but not least, fruits are always a healthy diet treat that promises vitamins and minerals as well as enjoyment! For more on fruit's health benefits click on the link.

Healthy Meats for Losing Weight

Meats are actually a very important part of your diet. Meats such as lamb, beef, chicken and fish contain a rich supply of vitamins and minerals which are essential for good health. Meat is also rich in protein which helps to speed the metabolism helping you to burn fat!

I would like to mention however that I don't recommend eating pork simply because it's a parasitic meat. Pork is definitely not high up there on the scale of healthy meats and I personally avoid it for health reasons only.

Bottom Line

Losing weight and being healthy doesn't mean that you have to feel deprived or kill yourself exercising. Yes, exercise is important and it should be incorporated into your day for muscle strength and cardiovascular health, but it's actually only 20% of what will keep your weight at a healthy level the other 80% is what you eat!

So start enjoying your healthy diet by eating plenty of enjoyable healthy foods and watch your weight and health improve drastically!